HP LJ PRO 500 MFP M521DN MONO,A4, 40PPM, NETWORK, AUTO DUPLEX, 1YR
HP LaserJet Pro M521dn Multifunction Printer (A8P79A)
Finish jobs faster, produce high-quality documents, and make scanning and sharing simple. Get set up and connected quickly. Send quick commands from an intuitive colour touchscreen. Easily conserve resources and recycle used cartridges.
Improving your efficiency; printing sharp documents quickly; completing fax, copy, and scan tasks easily; and enabling mobile printing.
Quickly create, capture, and deliver documents
- Finish faster with less standing around using single-pass, dual-head scanning.
- Stay on schedule print up to 42 pages per minute.4 Handle high-volume printing without worries.
- Scan documents and send digital files in one easy step to email, the cloud, network folders, or a USB drive.
- Efficiently handle large jobs, with an input capacity up to 1,100 sheets and automatic two-sided printing.
Increase efficiency with an easy-to-manage MFP
- Work smarter access, store, and print business content quickly from the 3.5-inch colour touchscreen.
- Go from zero to done, right at the MFP print, copy, scan, and fax with ease.
- Efficiently manage this MFP, using HP Web Jetadmin to remotely monitor office printing and device status.
Set up fast and stay connected
- Get this MFP up and running fast with HP Smart Installno CD required.
- HP ePrintnow print from your smartphone and tablet from virtually anywhere.
- Use resources more efficiently with 10/100 Ethernet networkingeasily print and share.
- Pull print jobs from your pocket walk up and print right from a memory device via the USB port.
Improve your energy costs and save resources
- Help save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology, Instant-on Copy, and Instant-on Technology.
- Conserve resources and save paperuse automatic two-sided printing.
- Get centralized, easy access to custom energy-saving options and printer settings with HP EcoSMART Console.
- Reduce your impact easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners.
- Print, copy, scan, fax
Print speed black:
Normal: Up to 42 ppm
(Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
First page out (ready)
Black: As fast as 8.0 sec
Duty cycle (monthly, letter)
Duty cycle note
Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.
Recommended monthly page volume
2000 to 6000
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
Print quality (best)
Black: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- HP PCL 6; HP PCL 5c; HP postscript level 3 emulation
- 3.5" (8.89 cm) touchscreen, LCD (color graphics)
Automatic paper sensor
HP ePrint capability
Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint, Mobile Apps
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-TX
- 1 Telecom
- 1 Phone
Standard (built-in Fast Ethernet)
- HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11b/g Wireless Print ServerJ8021A
- HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server J8026A
Minimum system requirements
Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) SP2: Pentium 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port;
Mac OSX v 10.6; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel Core Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network port
Compatible operating systems
- Full software installs supported on Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit (SP2 or higher)
- The driver only installs supported on Windows 2012
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows Server 2003 32-bit (SP3 or higher)
- Mac OS X v 10.6.8 and later
- Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package)
- SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer)
- HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
Paper handling input, standard
100-sheet multipurpose tray, 500-sheet input tray 2, 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
Paper handling output, standard
250-sheet output bin, 100-sheet rear output bin
- Automatic (standard)
Finished output handling
Media sizes supported
- Letter, Legal, Statement, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in , 5 x 8 in , Executive, 8.5 x 13 in, Envelope (#9, #10, Monarch, C5, DL, B5, C6)
- Discrete Custom Sizes: Minimum size 3 x 5 in, Maximum size 8.5 x 14 in
Paper (bond, color, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, user-defined
Scan file format
Windows Scan SW supports file format: JPG, RAW(BMP), PDF, TIFF, PNG; Mac Scan SW supports file format: TIFF, PNG, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PDF, PDF-Searchable, RTF, TXT
Scan resolution, optical
Up to 300, 600, 1200 dpi
Scan size (flatbed), maximum
8.5 x 11.7 in
Scan size (ADF), maximum
8.5 x 14 in
Scan speed (normal, letter)
Up to 19 ppm (black & white), up to 15 ppm (color)
(Scan speeds of up to 21 ppm measured at 200 dpi (b&w) and up to 15 ppm at 200 dpi (color) from automatic document feeder when scanning to digital file. Actual speeds may vary depending on scan resolution, network conditions, computer performance and application software. )
Duplex ADF scanning
Automatic document feeder capacity
Standard, 50 sheets
Digital sending standard features
- Scan- to-Email; Scan-to-Network Folder; Scan-to-USB drive
Copy resolution (black text)
Up to 600 x 600 dpi
Copy resolution (color text and graphics)
Up to 600 x 600 dpi
Copy reduce / enlarge settings
25 to 400%
Up to 99 copies
Fax transmission speed
3 sec per page
Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.
Up to 250 pages
Up to 300 x 300 dpi
Speed dials, maximum number
Up to 100 numbers (each can contain 100 numbers)
Power and operating requirements
Input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60Hz (+/- 2 Hz) and 220V-240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60Hz (+/- 2 Hz)
760 watts (Printing), 520 watts (Copying from ADF), 18.2 watts (Ready), 4.3 watts (Sleep), 0.3 watts (Off)
(Values subject to change. Power numbers are the highest values measured using all standard voltages. See hp.com/support for current information. Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.)
- ENERGY STAR qualified
Operating temperature range
50 to 90.5F
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
18.3 x 18.3 x 20 in
Product dimensions maximum
18.3 x 35.4 x 29.5 in
What's in the box
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521dn
- HP LaserJet Black introductory cartridge (~6000 pages)
- Printer documentation and software on CDs (Windows/Mac OS installation CD & ReadIris CD including OCR software)
- Installation guide, Support flyer, Warranty Card
- power cord
- USB cable (AP & Brazil only)
- Fax Cable
Yes, 1 USB (AP & Brazil only); No, please purchase USB cable separately (EMEA, Americas except Brazil)
Windows: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL 6 print driver, HP WIA Scan Driver, HP TWAIN Scan Driver, HP Scan, HP Fax Setup Wizard, HP Send Fax, HP Fax Print Driver, Status Alerts, HP Update, DXP, ReadIris Software; Mac: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP Postscript driver, HP Scan, HP Setup Assistant, HP Fax Print Driver, HP Utility, HP Alerts, HP Firmware Updater, ReadIris Software
One-year limited warranty, Onsite