HP LJ ENTERPRISE M712XH MONO SFP, A4, A3, 40PPM, NETWORK, AUTO DUPLEX, 1YR
HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 Printer M712xh (CF238A)
Enable high-volume, black-and-white printing on paper sizes up to A3and capacity up to 4600 sheets. Control costs with energy-saving features and two-sided printing. Protect sensitive business data and centrally manage printing policies.
Offices that need fast printing in a wide range of media sizesup to A3from an energy-efficient, black-and-white workgroup printer.
Upsize and acceleratefast A3 printing
- Save time and keep business moving with blazing-fast printing from this black-and-white A3 workgroup printer.
- Expand black-and-white printing options on paper sizes up to A3 and near edge-to-edge printing.
- Boost productivityreload paper less often with up to 4600-sheet capacity for high-volume printing.
- Replace toner cartridges easily. Choose high-capacity Original HP toner cartridges for frequent printing.
Conserve resources and help control costs
- Save energyAuto On/Auto Off turns your printer on when you need it, and off when you don't.
- Reduce paper use up to 50% with automatic two-sided printing on this ENERGY STAR qualified printer.
- Manage your workteam's printing impactoptimize resources with HP EcoSMART Fleet and other tools.
- Original HP toner cartridges are easily recycledfor freethrough HP Planet Partners.
Simplify IT management and safeguard data
- Boost printing and imaging safeguards and help protect business data with fleet-level security solutions.
- Safeguard confidential data stored on the printer, with the installed HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk.
- Centralize printer managementHP Web Jetadmin helps you monitor equipment and increase uptime.
- Add security solutionssuch as card and badge readersthrough the hardware integration pocket.
Invest in a forward-thinking, easy-to-use solution
- Extend the value of your investmenteasily update and expand device capabilities with HP FutureSmart Firmware.
- HP ePrintprint from your smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere.
- Manage jobs at the color control panel. The easy-access USB port lets you print from and save to flash drives.
Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 40 ppm
(Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
First page out (ready)
Black:As fast as 10.5 sec
Print quality (best)
Black:Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 100,000 pages
Duty cycle note
Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.
Recommended monthly page volume
5000 to 20000
Recommended monthly page volume note
HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.
HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e, HP Postscript 3 emulation, native PDF printing (v 1.4)
2-in, 4-line LCD (color text and graphics)
HP ePrint capability
Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint
- Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory
- 2 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-T
- 1 High-Speed USB 2.0 Easy Access Walkup Port
- 1 Hardware Integration Pocket (HIP)
- 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN (station mode), other networking accessories, HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server (available 2012)
Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
Minimum system requirements
Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2+), Windows Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see microsoft.com;
Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see apple.com
Compatible operating systems
- Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2+), Windows Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows Server 2008 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7
- For the latest operating system support see: Citrix and Windows Terminal Services (hp.com/go/upd)
- Novell (novell.com/iprint)
- Linux (hplip.net)
- UNIX (hp.com/go/unix, hp.com/go/unixmodelscripts, hp.com/go/jetdirectunix_software)
- SAP device types (hp.com/go/sap/drivers, hp.com/go/sap/print)
- HP ePrint Mobile Driver (hp.com/go/eprintmobiledriver)
- Standard, High-Performance Secure Hard Disk, 250 GB
Paper handling input, standard
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray
- 2 x 250-sheet input trays
- 500-sheet input tray
Paper handling output, standard
- 250-sheet output bin
Media sizes supported
Tray 1, 2: Letter , legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in; Tray 3: letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in, 11 x 17 in; Tray 4: letter, letter-R, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in, 11 x 17 in, 16K
Media sizes, custom
Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 12.3 x 18.5 in; Tray 2: 5.8 x 8.3 to 11.7 to 14.3 in; Tray 3, 4: 5.8 x 8.3 to 11.7 to 17 in
Paper (color, letterhead, light, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough, tough paper), bond, cardstock, envelope, labels, transparency, vellum
Media weight, supported
Tray 1: 16 to 53 lb; Tray 2, 3, 4: 16 to 32 lb
Power and operating requirements
110-volt input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz); 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)
786 watts (Printing), 22.1 watts (Ready), 6.1 watts (Sleep), 0.21 watts (Off)
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages; this will damage the printer and void the product warranty. Values subject to change, see hp.com/support for current information.)
- ENERGY STAR qualified
Operating temperature range
10 to 32.5C
Operating humidity range
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions (W x D x H)
568 x 596 x 517 mm (22.4 x 23.4 x 20.4 in )
Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H)
858 x 989 x 517 mm (33.8 x 38.9 x 20.4 in)
49.8 kg (109.8 lb )
Package dimensions (W x D x H)
810 x 785 x 924 mm (Americas, AP); 825 x 800 x 1074 mm (EMEA) (31.9 x 30.9 x 36.4 in (Americas, AP); 32.5 x 31.5 x 42.3 in (EMEA))
62.7 kg (Americas, AP); 83.2 kg (EMEA) (137.9 lb)
What's in the box
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 M712xh Printer (includes built-in automatic two-sided printing, HP Jetdirect Gigabit Ethernet embedded print server, and High-Performance Secure 250 GB Hard Disk)
- HP Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~10,000 pages)
- Getting Started Guide, CD containing drivers and electronic documentation
- power cord
- 500-sheet input tray
No, please purchase USB cable separately
One-year, on-site warranty